Bulls Re-Arranged Fixtures

Fixtures to conclude the National Conference where released on the 24th February, Skirlaugh Bulls have the following ties to be played, subject to change.

6th March - Skirlaugh v West Hull - KO 14:30
13th March - Skirlaugh v Siddal - KO 14:30
20th March - Wath Brow Hornets v Skirlaugh - KO 14:30
27th March - Skirlaugh v Leigh Miners Rangers - KO 14:30
6th April - East Hull v Skirlaugh - KO 18:30
10th April - Wigan St. Patricks v Skirlaugh - KO 14:30

1st May - Elimination Play Offs

8th May - Qualifying Play Off
8th May - Elimination Pla Off

15th May - Final Qualifying Play Off

22 May - Grand Final at Stobart Stadium, Widness

Skirlaugh Back In Title Race

East Hull coach Lee Radford pointed the finger at his side's lack of discipline as they went down to a 22-18 home defeat by Skirlaugh.

Shaun Hill's try for Skirlaugh, two minutes from the end, put daylight between the two sides. Lee Brown and Martin Johnson, along with Skirlaugh's Dave Wilson, were all given 10 minutes in the white-hot atmosphere of Rosmead Street. The result blows the Premier Division title race wide open as Skirlaugh are back in the mix. East Hull are top, just a point above Leigh Miners Rangers with Skirlaugh in third. Radford said: "It was a typical derby game but, rightly or wrongly, too many sin bins.
"There were a lot of mistakes as well, but the discipline needs fixing up after this performance.
"If we want to go on to try and be champions we have to be better than we were out there today."

East Hull got off to a dream start with a Johnson try after two minutes when Scott Yeaman cut through. He found the centre in support and he dived under the posts as Gary Blanchard converted. It took Skirlaugh 15 minutes to mount a sustained attack. When it came, Jordan Precious converted a penalty for a high tackle on the full back. It was a first half with too many penalties, but well refereed by Chris Dean who sent Brown to the bin on 16 minutes.

Skirlaugh continued to press through Steve Cochran, Carl Puckering and Brendan Lewis. The latter was denied a try by substitute Paul Jordan who bundled the winger into touch, and he repeated the feat five minutes later. Skirlaugh found a way through on the half hour when Puckering's cross field kick was taken by Lewis for a try. Precious landed the touchline conversion for 6-6. Wilson was the next player to be given an enforced rest when he went high on Johnson. Easts made Skirlaugh pay by retaking the lead through Dave Page.

Skirlaugh conceded another penalty with Sean Wildbore going high on Shaun Painter. The ball was moved left between Brown and Blanchard before Stuart Coates put in the centre, but Blanchard failed to goal. On half-time Blanchard landed a penalty for Skirlaugh not being square and they held a 12-6 lead until the 49th minute. A move down the right saw Chris Brown race through for Kirk Abel to send Precious under the posts. Precious added the conversion and a penalty when Jason Abdul was guilty of ball stealing.

Easts drew level at 14 each when Trevor Penrose was hauled out for a high shot on Painter. Johnson went in the bin on 74 minutes as East Hull ended the game with 12 men. Precious added the penalty to edge Skirlaugh in front 16-14 before a Puckering kick to the line was spilled by Abdul. Hill powered his way over as Precious kicked the goal, but a late Tommy Brett try failed to inspire his side to victory.

Skirlaugh skipper Wildbore said: "We haven't played well recently but we seem to come into our best form in the New Year.
"We are the champions and everyone wants to beat us so we have to be ready for them."