- Category: Parish Council Minutes
- Created: Monday, 10 October 2016 19:21
- Hits: 215
Minutes of the Meeting of Skirlaugh & Ellerby Joint Burial Committee held on 1st June 2016.
Present: Cllr. Large (in the chair), Cllrs. Beaumont, McDonald, (Skirlaugh); Cllrs. Blogg, Richardson (Ellerby).
Apologies: Cllr. Kemp, Rev. A. Simpson. Absent: Cllr. Pearce.
1. Election of Chairman
· Resolved that Cllr. Large is elected Chairman.
2. Election of Vice Chairman
· Resolved that Cllr. Blogg is elected Vice Chairman
3. The minutes of the meeting held on 3rd February 2016, having previously been circulated, were taken as read and signed.
4. Matters Arising from the Minutes
(a) Plot markers: The markers for the next row are still to be moved.
(b) The headstone not in line has not yet been moved.
Two cremated remains in adjacent plots (Clark)
Two cremated remains in one plot (Mackinder)
Second interment of cremated remains in existing plot (Wilson)
Everingham's had received an enquiry from the family of Harold Hutchinson, who have purchased three adjacent single plots, asking whether one headstone can be placed across two plots with an inscription for both burials. This will not be allowed as it would be out of line with other stones.
6. Burial Ground Maintenance
(a) The grass is being cut satisfactorily. Cllr. Large has asked Tony Cook's to collect the grass cuttings so that he can remove them and to apply weedkiller around headstones..
7. Correspondence Received
(a) Insurance: renewal documents received.
(b) The internal audit of the accounts has been carried out. There is no longer a requirement for the annual return to be submitted.
8. Approval of Accounts year ending 31st March 2016
· Resolved that the accounts for the year to 31st March 2016 are approved.
9. Amendment of Bank Mandate
· Resolved that Cllrs. McDonald and Blogg are signatories in place of Cllrs. Corden and Lock.
10. Sanctioning of Paid Accounts
Opening balance at 3rd February 2016 3426.97
Allotments 175.00 1138.00
E. Large 25.00
Mrs. S. Towne 195.75
Tony Cook 30.00
Aon Insurance 298.32 768.25
Balance in hand 31st May 2016 3796.72
Resolved that payment of these accounts is sanctioned.
11. Date of Next Meeting
Wednesday 5th October 2016 at 7.00 p.m. in Church Cottage.